The Sales module is where you can receive RFPs, create & revise proposals, manage Insertion Orders and optimize Orders.
1. Sales inbox
- All your items are displayed in the inbox list on the Sales homepage where they're grouped by agency, advertiser, and campaign.
- You can filter and search accordingly by using the options at the top of the screen.
- Select All RFPs and proposals from the Show drop-down.
- Click on a particular line item to open the proposal details.
2. Creating a proposal
- Once you have opened an RFP, the RFP detail screen will display.
- Click Create proposal.
- The Proposals will page display where you can add placements and packages.
- When the Proposals page opens, a blank placement row is automatically created.
- Click into each cell to add information.
- Blue, highlighted fields are mandatory and must be filled out. The leftmost field displays how many validation errors your placement has.
As you enter information into the mandatory fields, the blue highlight is removed and the validation error count is reduced. You are also able to save the campaign with invalid placements and come back later to resolve them.
- As you fill out fields in the placement, a summary keeps track of the costs and unit types entered.
- Click the Export button to download the .CSV/Excel file that is used to manage placements and packages.
If you do not Export your current proposals, you will lose all current RFP information once the new file is uploaded.
- Open the .CSV file via Excel and add your placement and package information starting with the first blank row available.
- Save the .CSV file once all placements and packages have been entered.
Do not change the column order or format. Any changes will cause issues and your proposals may not upload correctly.
- To upload the CSV document with the updated placements, select Import on the Create proposal page and confirm you understand all existing proposal details will be deleted.
- Choose the appropriate .CSV document with the current proposal information and click Open.
- After uploading the .CSV document, check each row to make sure all necessary information has been included. If anything is missing, a validation error count will appear next to the row on the left.
- Once you are finished, click Save to save the proposal and continue working on it later, or Send to send the proposal.
- In a new placement row, enter a unique package header name.
- Click the cube to the left of the placement you want to convert to a package.
- When the cube turns blue, the first child placement is created beneath the parent package.
All fields non-essential to the package header become read-only and are highlighted in gray. The same goes for child placements. When a package is deleted, it will delete all Child placements. Child placements cannot be moved into and out of packages.
- You can create additional child placements by clicking Add child placement.
- To copy and paste packages or roadblocks into your proposal from an Excel template, first create the parent/package header row.
- Using the Add child placement button, add the number of child placements to be copied and pasted.
- Finally, copy and paste only the child placements (as you have already created the package header/parent placement) into the proposal.
- Click the star for one child placement to indicate that it is a primary placement (required for a roadblock).
- The parent package icon changes from a cube to a road, indicating it is now a roadblock.
- To return a roadblock to a package, click the star for the child placement again.
- When finished, click Save.
4. Revising a proposal
- Not Sent - If the proposal has not been sent, open the proposal and make the required changes. Save and Send when ready.
- Sent - If the proposal has been sent, open the proposal, click Revise, and make the required changes. Save and Send when ready.
The buyer will see the changes made to the proposals in the campaign.
5. Creating Multiple Proposals for an RFP
You can create and submit multiple proposals for each RFP.
- Click the arrow to Expand/Collapse campaign history.
- Beneath the proposal, click any cell for the RFP.
- Click Create proposal.
- Fill in the placement details and click Save or Send.
- To display an RFP that already has one or more associated proposals, click the Expand/Collapse campaign history button. Multiple proposals, with their version number, are shown in the Version field.