Question: I would like to plan for different unit lengths, how can I illustrate cost differences in my plansheet?
Answer: To assign costs to different unit lengths, you have two options depending on the cost difference:
- If you have two different costs, and one cost is the exact half of the other you can use the Unit Mix component to allocate costs.
Example: If you have :30s and :15s unit lengths, and :15s is half the cost of :30s, you can use the Unit Mix component.
See instructions below.
- If unable to use option A, you can also split the unit lengths out as difference components and enter respective (different) CPPs or CPMs line by line.
Network Prime :30 (on one line with its own CPP/CPM)
Network Prime :15 (on another line with its own CPP/CPM)
To use the Unit Mix component:
- Open the necessary plansheet
- Click on the plansheet column title Component
3. On the Items to show in Table view? modal, check the Unit Mix box under Media Columns
4. You will see another column on your plansheet labeled Unit Mix
5. Enter the unit mix in the appropriate column for each Component line that has a unit mix
These are entered as ratios with the format of %full cost: %half cost
Example: 25:75 = 25% :30s; 75% :15s
6. This will auto calculate the appropriate cost by splitting the needed CPP and CPM numbers in half